Product development strategy and market launch, consulting in the subject area
Ph.D. in Technical Science; higher technical education: 1998, Petrozavodsk State University, a degree in engineering.
In 1998-1999 he served in the military hospital of the Strategic Missile Forces of the Russian Federation, where he took part in the development of medical software for military needs.
From 1999 to 2007 he worked in the medical center of Kondopoga town in Karelia, Russia, which was the research and practical base for the northwestern branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. He was the creator of Kondopoga Medical Information system (MIS) Kondopoga, one of the first large Russian integrated information systems for medical organization automation and electronic health record maintenance (EHR).
In 2007, together with partners, he founded the K-MIS company, which has become one of the leading developers of medical software in Russia over the years. CNews placed K-MIS in second place in its ranking of “Key Healthcare Information Systems Providers in Russia” in 2010. The company took 2nd place in the rating “The largest suppliers of IT solutions for healthcare” in 2016. According to the monitoring of the market for digitalization of public health in the Russian Federation for 2013-2017 K-MIS takes 5th place in terms of revenue.
In 2010, he was invited to the position of executive editor for the journal Physician and Information Technologies. It is the only scientific publication in Russia in the field of medical informatics and cybernetics, included in the core of the RSCI ( Russian Science Citation Index) and the list of the Higher Attestation Commission.
In December 2012, according to the order of the Russian Ministry of Health No. 1638, he was appointed as a member of the expert council of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation for the issues of information and communication technologies in healthcare systems, then by order No. 176 of 04/08/2015, he was re-elected to the new board.
In 2018, he founded the Webiomed project together with Roman Novitsky and is now engaged in its development and promotion. What is more, Alexander works as a business adviser for K-MIS.
In 2018, he took part in the creation of the association “National Medical Knowledge Base” (NBMZ), is currently a member of its supervisory board and is promoting the association.
In the summer of 2019, he was included in the Digital Healthcare Sectoral Working Group (WG), created on the site of the Digital Economy ANO.
Нe worked as a Program Director of the Digital Transformation of Health Care Course at the Graduate School of Public Management of the RANEPA in 2019
Since December 2019, he has been a senior researcher at the Scientific and Practical Clinical Center for Diagnostics and Telemedicine Technologies of the Moscow Department of Healthcare and a member of the Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Subcommittee (PC 01) of Technical Committee 164.
In 2020, he joined the editorial board of the Russian Journal of Telemedicine and E-Health.
Since April 2021, he has been an expert on artificial intelligence at the Central Research Institute for Health Organization and the Informatization of the Ministry of Health of Russia.
Alexander defended his thesis on the design of integrated medical information systems using mathematical modeling and a service-oriented approach in 2004.
He is the author of over 100 scientific papers on the development and implementation of medical information systems, including the monograph "Information Technologies in Health Care" (2002) and "Medical Information Systems" (2005); he is a co-author of the textbook "Information System in the Organization of Healthcare Facilities ".
Не is the author of the K-Sky company blog https://webiomed.ai/blog/, which covers the topic of artificial intelligence and decision support systems.
He has a blog https://www.kmis.ru/blog, in which he publishes various notes on the digital transformation of medicine and healthcare.
- Gusev I.V., Gavrilov D.V., Novitsky R.E., Kuznetsova T.Yu., Boytsov S.A. Improvement of cardiovascular risk assessment using machine learning methods. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2021;26(12):4618. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.15829/1560-4071-2021-4618
- Gusev A. et al. (2022) Development of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare in Russia. In: Lim CP., Chen YW., Vaidya A., Mahorkar C., Jain L.C. (eds) Handbook of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare. Intelligent Systems Reference Library, vol 212. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-83620-7_11
- Batiushin M.M. , Kasimova I.S.,Gavrilov D.V. , Gysev A.V., Gulamov A.A.. Prevalence of chronic kidney disease according to the CKD Epidemiology retrospective cohort study (Kirov city). Nephrology and dialysis. 2021; volume 23, no. 2. https://doi.org/10.28996/2618-9801-2021-2-192-202
- Ethics and digital: from problems to solutions / ed. E.G. Potapova, M.S.Shklyaruk. - M .: RANEPA, 2021; P. 184. https://ethics.cdto.center/2021
- Gilyarevsky S.R., Gavrilov D.V., Gusev A.V. Retrospective analysis of electronic health records of patients with heart failure: the first Russian experience. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2021;26(5):4502. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.15829/1560-4071-2021-4502
- Ivshin A.A., Bagaudin T.Z., Gusev A.V. Artificial intelligence on guard of reproductive health. Akusherstvo i Ginekologiya/Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 5: 17-24 (in Russian) https://dx.doi.org/10.18565/aig.2021.5.17-24
- Gavrilov DV, Gusev AV, Nikulina AV, Kuznetsova TYu, Drapkina OM. Correctness of cardiovascular risk assessment in daily clinical practice. The Russian Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2021;24(4):69–75. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.17116/profmed20212404169
- Gusev AV, Morozov SP, Kutichev VA, Novitsky RE. Legal regulation of artificial intelligence software in healthcare in the Russian Federation. Medical Technologies. Assessment and Choice. 2021;43(1):36–45. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.17116/medtech20214301136
- Ivshin A.A., Gusev A.V., Novitskiy R.E. Artificial intelligence: predictive analytics of perinatal risks. Vopr. ginekol. akus. perinatol. (Gynecology, Obstetrics and Perinatology). 2020; 19(6): 133–144. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.20953/1726-1678-2020-6-133-144
- Gusev A. V., Novitsky R. E. Predictive analytics technologies in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic // Information technologies for the Physician. 2020.- №4.- P. 24-33
- Gavrilov D., Gusev A., Korsakov I., Novitsky R., and Serova L., Feature Extraction Method from Electronic Health Records in Russia, in Proceedings of the FRUCT’26, ISSN 2305-7254, ISBN 978-952-69244-2-7, pp. 497-500, April 2020
- Korsakov I., Gusev A., Kuznetsova T., Gavrilov D., Novitskiy R. Deep and machine learning models to improve risk prediction of cardiovascular disease using data extraction from electronic health records / European Heart Journal, Volume 40, Issue Supplement_1, October 2019, ehz748.0670
The main area of professional interest
Digital medicine, artificial intelligence for medicine and healthcare, medical information systems.
Now he is working as:
- Chief Government Relations of the Supervisory Board of the "National Medical Knowledge Base", Association of Developers and Users of Artificial Intelligence for Medicine, member of the specialized subcommittee "Artificial Intelligence in Health Care" of Technical Committee No. 164, member of the Digital Health Care industry working group.
- Senior Researcher of Scientific and Practical Clinical Center for Diagnostics and Telemedicine Technologies of the Moscow Health Department
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief editor of the «Information technologies for the Physician» journal,, member of the editorial board of the Russian Journal of Telemedicine and Electronic Health