One of the most promising areas of digital health development is artificial intelligence.
There are new developments and researches that offer the implementation of these technologies for medicine and healthcare in our country.
Which of them has come to practical implementation? What specific examples of effectiveness can be used to demonstrate? What are the leading regions in our country?
We collected information about the practical experience of the real implementation and application of AI-based systems in the healthcare system of the Russia for an answer to these questions.
As a result, we have information from 22 regions that have some practical experience in this area.
Nowadays, This is the main leader in the number of projects for the AI implementation in medicine. Due to the fact that most of the development teams are concentrated here, as well as the most Federal research institutes and major medical centers are located in Moscow.
In our opinion, the largest and most interesting project is the development of the radiology service of Moscow and the use of AI methods for this, headed by Professor Sergey Morozov, https://rg.ru/2019/09/03/iskusstvennyj-intellekt-pomozhet-izbegat-oshibok-pri-diagnostike-raka.html
Other examples of AI application in Moscow medical organizations:
- AI implementation in the women examination to determine the risk of breast cancer in the Russia Federal Medical Center of FMBA, http://fmbafmbc.ru/hospital/oncology-surgical/
- The work of Skoltech and the Helmholtz center for Munich on the visualization of the chemical space of compounds that are of interest to pharmaceuticals, https://tass.ru/nauka/6755007
- The CDSS XGEN implementations
- Identification of Alzheimer's disease early stage with MRI images, work Of the center for information technology in design (CITP) of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the First MGMU. I. M. Sechenova, https://medvestnik.ru/content/news/Sozdannaya-rossiiskimi-uchenymi-programma-opredelyaet-bolezn-Alcgeimera-na-rannei-stadii-po-snimkam-MRT.html
- Another work of scientists from the Center for Information Technology in design (CIT) RAS-detection of ophthalmic diseases at an early stage, https://tass.ru/nauka/6733930
- FFOMS experiments in terms of assessing the quality of care with AI, https://www.cnews.ru/articles/2019-07-16_iskusstvennyj_intellekt_proverit_kachestvo_besplatnoj_meditsinskoj
- Research by Nikolai Borisov and Anton Buzdin from the I. M. Sechenov First Moscow state medical University in the application of machine learning to solve problems of personalized medicine, primarily Oncology, https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fonc.2019.00658/full
- Pilot implementation Of the oriense device, which with the help of high-precision navigation allows a blind person to get from point A to point B and with the help of AI allows you to tell him what is around the person. With the help of specialized algorithms and elements of machine learning a person is given tips on how to get around this or that obstacle, http://oriense.ru/.
- Care Mentor AI projects in cooperation with "Medicine" AO http://www.medlinks.ru/article.php?sid=83748 and the Institute of clinical medicine Sechenov University, http://www.medlinks.ru/article.php?sid=85659
WEBIOMED implementation -pilot project.
Implementation of the system "Fluorography-DL" for processing the results of chest photofluorography, https://futurerussia.gov.ru/nacionalnye-proekty/1000987
The «Celsus» system pilot project. It uses a neural network to identify pathological focus in radiography and computed tomography, https://rb.ru/longread/aicancercelsus/
The project of CDSS implementation using MeDiCase AI methods to provide medical care for residents of sparsely populated and remote from district centers villages and settlements, https://www.miloserdie.ru/article/starikam-zdes-mesto-mozhno-li-spravitsya-s-katastrofoj-v-selskih-bolnitsah/
Pilot Implementation of CDSS Webiomed. The system allows to identify patients at high risk and death from CVD.
The Medicase implementation
Implementations of CDSS XGEN.
The regional pilot project of CDSS Webiomed implementation https://webiomed.ai/nashi-proekty/kirov/
Introduction of CDSS Sapia It uses AI to predict acute pancreatitis development
Botkin.Ai pilot project in Murmansk regional clinical hospital, https://nauka.tass.ru/nauka/5070953
Application of neural networks for melanoma detection, http://www.nanonewsnet.ru/news/2019/sozdano-prilozhenie-s-pomoshchyu-kotorogo-mozhno-obnaruzhit-melanomu
Botkin.AI pilot project in Novgorod regional clinical Oncology hospital, https://pharmvestnik.ru/content/news/Pilotnyi-proekt-s-ispolzovaniem-iskusstvennogo-intellekta-pozvolil-naiti-rak-legkih.html
The Medicase implementation
Development and research for creating a robot assistant, https://medvestnik.ru/content/news/Permskie-razrabotchiki-gotovy-predstavit-pervogo-otechestvennogo-robota-vracha.html
AI for diagnostics and comprehensive health assessment in Sverdlovsk Oncology center, https://rg.ru/2019/09/03/reg-urfo/na-urale-diagnostikoj-raka-zajmetsia-iskusstvennyj-intellekt.html
The work of scientists of St. Petersburg Polytechnic University together with doctors of the Oncology center in Pesochny. They created an intelligent system for diagnosing lungs tumors - Doctor AIzimov, https://doctorpiter.ru/articles/21170/ and https://medrussia.org/25853-rossiyskie-uchyonie-2
Implementation of the Care Mentor AI system in the City Mariinsky hospital, https://nevnov.ru/691350-mariinskaya-bolnica-osvaivaet-iskusstvennyi-intellekt
The project FtizisBioMed http://ftizisbiomed.ru/
Implementation of bigdata-based cardiovascular disaster prediction system, https://www.riatomsk.ru/article/20181120/prognoz-infarkta-skoraya-tomsk/
Pilot operation Botkin.AI in several medical organizations to search for missed cancers in x-rays, https://tula.mk.ru/social/2018/12/25/platforma-botkin-budet-protestirovana-v-tulskoy-oblasti.html
The artificial intelligence system that helps doctors during endoscopic examination to diagnose stomach cancer at the earliest stage, in Yaroslavl regional clinical Oncology hospital, https://rb.ru/interview/ai-cancer/
22. Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
AI-based implementation project: Webiomed and Botkin.AI.